Bourbon & Bacon Stuffing is about to be your new favorite Thanksgiving / Friendsgiving side dish! I was trying to think of something new and creative to bring to Friendsgiving last year when it hit me...bourbon + bacon + stuffing! Recipe is below...prepare to have this stuffing devoured very, very quickly! Only downside, you won't have any leftovers!
Bourbon Bacon Stuffing Recipe
What You'll Need:
2 loaves of bread (bakery Italian or french bread that has gotten a little crusty works best)
1 package of bacon
2 cups chicken (or veg) broth
3 tablespoons bourbon (I used Woodford Reserve but any bourbon will do)
2 apples, diced
1 large yellow or sweet onion, diced
4-5 large celery stocks, diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon parsley
Garlic Powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by sizzling up the bacon (Make sure to save the grease when it's done!).
2. While the bacon is sizzling, combine the cubed loaves of bread, apples, onion, celery, and garlic.
3. Once the bacon is done to a crisp perfection, break into small pieces.
4. Now put everything into the pan with the bacon grease and add the bourbon, chicken (or veg) stock, eggs, thyme, parsley, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
5. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes - until everything is softened and mixed together.
6. Remove everything from the pan and put into a large baking dish. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
|Bourbon, Bacon Stuffing in Action (second dish in)|
And it didn't last long!
Post a Comment